Dymondwood Turning Blanks and Pen Blanks
Dymondwood is a dense, warp-resistant material that finishes to a high polish without stains or finishes.
Shopping Cart Product Index Made in USA!
Special Note to our customers: Dymondwood is manufactured exclusively by Rutland Plywood Corp at a single facility in Vermont. That factory was destroyed in a catastrophic fire in late August 2014. That means our sells are limited to our stock on hand. We are currently experiencing a significant increase in sales volume and it is taking us longer than usual to ship. As time passes we will begin to run out of various colors and sizes. We will contact you if you place an order for out of stock items and suggest possible substitutes. We appreciate your patience.
We are not aware of any obvious direct substitutes for Dymondwood. We are exploring other possible options. Our understanding is that no decision has been made if the factory will be rebuilt or if Dymondwood might be licensed to another manufacturer. Thank you.
Dymondwood® is made from 1/16 hardwood veneers that are vacuum impregnated with dye and phenolic resin. The veneers are layered and compressed under high pressure and heat to slightly over half the original thickness. The result is a dense, warp-resistant material that will finish to a high polish without stains or finishes. DymondWood® is distinguished by its unique strength, durability, dimensional stability, and moisture resistance as compared to regular wood. If you have not worked with Dymondwood before please see our Turning Tips Page.
- 44 colors in stock.
- Standard and Jumbo (cigar) pen blanks available in shallow angle and regular angle. Straight cut pen blanks available from stock in solid colors only.
- Larger sizes in 1″ x 1″, 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ and 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ cross sections are available in shallow angle and straight cut. Any length from 2″ to 49″ available. Please call for lengths not listed in shopping cart.
- We are currently the only supplier to offer shallow angle cut Dymondwood® in sizes larger than pen blanks
- Shallow angle turning blanks are cut at a shallow angle, creating a unique look and a somewhat stronger blank than regular angle cut.
- Regular angle is a deeper angle, similar to the angle cut offered by most other suppliers.
- We can cut many sizes to meet your needs for a variety of items such as hunting bow risers, knife scales, game calls (call blanks), perfume atomizers, bottle stoppers, rod handles, etc.
Types of Cuts Available in Dymondwood
The pictures below show how the various cuts appear in rectangular blocks, and then the appearance after turned into rounds. Angle cut adds pizzazz in turnings that are mostly straight cylinders, such as pens and game calls. Items with a lot of contour like hunting bow risers and bottle stoppers look good in straight cut.
Dymondwood Straight Cut
Dymondwood Shallow Angle Cut
(Available up to 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ x 30″)
Dymondwood Regular Angle Cut
(Available in Pen Blanks Only)
Dymondwood Color Chart:
Samples in pictures are shallow angle cut blanks that are turned round and polished
(Hover cursor over pictures to display color sequence. WB is White Birch Natural)
To our Customers: There has been an increase in Dymondwood volume wholesale prices. We have increased our prices accordingly. Our apologies. We appreciate your business.
Shopping Cart Available Sizes Quick Tabs:
[1-1/2" X 2-1/8" x up to 30" Straight Cut Only ] [2-1/4" X 2-1/4" x up to 30"] [Variety Packs] [Knife Scales]
We stand behind our products and services 100%. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please give us a call, 715-532-3015, and we will exchange, give credit, or refund your purchase. If you’re not satisfied with any standard product, return it for an exchange or refund whichever you choose. You are responsible for the return shipping charges except for defective product or product that is not the item you ordered. Returns are accepted up to 30 days from the invoice date. We reserve the right to refuse returns on custom items or special order products. Please send any returns to:
Returns Department, River Ridge Products LLC, W6659 Cozine Rd, Ladysmith, WI 54848.